Jeffrey serves as a Collegiate Assistant Professor of Real Estate. His teaching and research interests include real estate price externalities, state and local land use policy, and real estate development. In addition, he has researched student achievement and classroom outcomes. Prior to joining Virginia Tech, Jeffrey worked as a senior analyst for the House of Representatives in Rhode Island and served as an appointed member of Warwick’s real estate Planning Board. Jeffrey has professional experience in financial analysis from Ameriprise Financial, where he held FINRA Series 7 and NASAA Series 66 licensing.
- Ph.D., Housing, University of Georgia
- M.B.A., Economics & Financial Markets, Bentley University
- B.S., Economics & Finance, Bentley University
American Real Estate Society (2021). Best Paper, Senior Housing, Read, D. C., Galford, G., & Robert, J. G. 2022. “Resident service coordinators as an underutilized resource in the design and development of affordable housing” co-authored with Dustin Read and Greg Galford.
American Real Estate Society (2018). Best Paper, Spatial Analytics/GIS Applications. “Impact of industrial rezoning on residential house prices.” Co-authored with Velma Zahirovic-Herbert.
- Robert, J. G. (2022). Note: A call for research into Low-Income Housing’s growing insurance problem. Journal of Housing, 31(2), 1-6.
- Read, D. C., Galford, G., & Robert, J. G. 2022. Resident service coordinators as an underutilized resource in the design and development of affordable housing, Journal of Community Practice, 30(2), 143-154.
- Robert, J. G., & Zahirovic-Herbert, V. (2021). The influence of privately initiated rezoning on housing prices. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis.
- Robert, J. G., & Hanton, L. (2021). Collaborating with industry to improve undergraduate real estate education: Recommendations to enhance guest speaking activities. Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education, 23(1), 10-19.
- Robert, J. G. (2021). General liability insurance & crime scores: Caution advised for the multifamily property industry. Real Estate Issues, 45(5), 1-5.
- Robert, J. G., & O’Neill, J.W. (2021). Evaluating hotel time-to-delivery (TTD): Influencing factors and financial performance. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 29(1), 1-17.
- REAL 2034 Real Estate Data Analysis
- REAL 2044 Real Estate Professional Development
- REAL 3034 Real Estate Market Analysis
- REAL 3954 Real Estate Study Abroad
- REAL 4075-4076 Real Estate Studio
REAL 4984 Real Estate Practicum